One of nature's wonders.
Cork comes from the bark of the cork oak, a predominantly Mediter-ranean tree, and is removed without having to fell the tree or dama-ge it in any way. The first peeling takes place when the tree is about 25 years old an regrown “insulation bark” can then be harvested every 8-9 years afterwards. Cork oaks may well live anything up to 200 years which means that they provide something like twenty peelings.
Cork is a one hundred percent ecological raw material and owes its unique properties to its cell structure of approx. 40,000 cells per square cm. The individual cells contain an air-like gas. Cork is truly one of nature’s wonders and LICO have developed their own special manufacturing processes to ensure that their products meet the exacting quality standards required by Swiss quality standards.
• Very durable • Warm to the touch • Elastic
• Soft to the tread • Anti-static
• Easy to maintain + keep hygienically clean
• Can be used with under-floor heating
• Anti-bacterial • Pollutant-free
• Precision, fast, easy self-locking system
• Meets standards of the german cork-logo
• CO2 neutral • Use of regrowing raw material
• Thermal insulation
• Sound impact and phonic insulation
• Suitable for allergics • Ideal for renovation work
• Insect repellent (ex. termites)
• Easy to remove